What is PRP? Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is derived from the patient’s own blood and contains several growth and regenerative factors. Being that it is taken from the patient, there is a very low risk that allergies or complications will occur. PRP works by improving collagen production and blood supply in areas where it is lacking.
How can PRP benefit me? PRP therapy can help you if you suffer from any of the following:
● Uneven skin tone
● Acne scars
● Fine lines & wrinkles
● Desire skin tightening
● Promote hair growth and prevent hair loss
● Desire increased sexual response in men & women
Is there downtime? There is little to no downtime with PRP. Depending on the area treated, patients may experience slight redness at the injection site for a couple days. Are there any contraindications to PRP?
● Critical thrombocytopenia (low platelet count)
● Hypofibrinogenaemia (leads to mild to severe bleeding)
● Haemodynamic instability (collapse)
● Sepsis (infection)
● Acute and chronic infections
● Chronic liver disease
● Anti-coagulation therapy (warfarin, dabigatran, heparin).